Private token sale raising initial $1 million to fund token sale process and to hire core blockchain, Machine Learning and application development staff.
Newslines has been evolving since 2014 to answer these key challenges:
- 2014: Is there a better way to factcheck news?
- 2015: Can a crowdsourced news system work?
- 2015-2016 Can a revenue-share news system work?
- 2016: Where does Newslines fit into the news market?
- 2016-2017: Can Newslines find distribution and generate revenue?
- 2017: How can Machine Learning be applied to news summarisation?
- 2018: How can a cryptocurrency be used to allow anyone to participate in creating a trusted news source that is a store of new value, while smoothing the project’s economy, and providing value to stakeholders?
The NewsBlocks project has two main streams:
- Development of the NewsBlocks Platform, including the creation of blockchain standards, building the network and seeding the app ecosystem
- Development of the Newslines application, which provides data to the blockchain and creates tools that applications can use
NewsBlocks aims to convert all the world’s news, past and present, into verified data and store it on a tamper-proof blockchain.
Anyone can use this global news archive to create a new generation of trusted news applications.
© 2019 NewsBlocks